Sunday, June 22, 2008

Should of came in 6th!

quick update before i head off to bed cause boy am I beat. I've driven both days of the rally totaling 1500 miles roughly. Today coming into Aspen I was running head of the pack with 5 other cars and should have checked in 6th place into the night checkpoint but the pack of us got pulled over 40 miles outside of out checkpoint. It was the most retarded ticket to. Apparently the cop said that someone called into them complaining about a bunch of cars on hwy 70 going btwn 110 and 120 MPH. ;) hmmmm.. The cop NEVER clocked us, paced us or even saw us doing anything remotely like that. We were pulled over on the side of the road off the last exit we needed to take for about 45 mins before they let us go with our tickets. The cop said that he could have given us reckless driving tickets which of course results in an arrest? He lowered it to "careless driving" which is at $67 fine and 4 points.. The thing that bugged us was we didn't know you could be issued a ticket on hearsay??!! Needless to say after all that and after finally getting back on the road we pulled into the hotel in 12th place again.. hahaha Seems to be my lucky number this year. Was really bummed about how well we would have done if it wasn't for the time we lost on the side of the road. It's ok though, the cars that were there we know the truth =P 

I'm really proud of our 2 teammates Andre and Larry in the black R8.. They were 1st into the overnight checkpoint today.. They found an amazing road that put them 45 mins ahead of everyone into the hotel. Way to go guys!!! 

As for picture updates, I'm having a little trouble loading them onto the computer. I have been trying for the last 20 mins to get the card reader to work. I had forgotten the camera cord to upload the pics at home and ran into a store in Calgary to buy a card reader. It worked the first time I used it but seems to be acting up on me now =/ I'll try again in a little bit and see what happens. I have some great video to that I am dying to get up for you guys soon... 

Alrighty then.. Off to bed for me now.. I will be checking in again tomorrow =) 

No comments: