Friday, June 20, 2008

heading off 2 bed.. zzz

can't believe the start of the rally is tomorrow!!! With the way I feel right now because of the last few days events I feel like I have been on the rally for a week already.. haha I am trying to head off to bed at a reasonable hour tonight so I am not totally beat in the morning. Dad and I just got in from checking out the launch party. Not to bad we are in the rooms before 12! ;) 

Driving into calgary was WORK! We lost 2 of the cars we were driving up with because Mike's daytona was having MAJOR problems. We pulled into St. Mary's resort about an hour outside of the border for some gas and we found out that the gas tank had a leak. Mike had to stay behind with the charger that night along with Todd and his father in the f430. Oddly enough a gentlemen who had driven out from somewhere in Montana earlier that day to film us getting our cars stickers in Montana just happened to have a charger gas tank at home and drove 600 miles that night to help Mike get the new gas tank on. What are the odds??!! Mike made it into Calgary lucky today but luck stuck again and he broke down 6 miles away from the hotel. We picked up his co-driver pete who was able to fix the problem and they were back en-route to the hotel when they ran out of gas!! I swear it was never ending!! Mike & the charger are up and running so hopefully tomorrow's events go off without a hitch. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for him. We are going to take it easy tomorrow and I hear it's a REALLY REALLY long drive to where ever we are going. 

We however had a B-E-Autiful drive up to the border and through canada.. As you read from Pete I uploaded all the stuff that I shot and will be sending him it so he can post it up for you to see. I had to make room on the camera and delete some stuff I took so much. The funniest part was running into all the wildlife that just cross the roads without a care.. We ran into 3 herd of cow along the way. One of which just didn't want to get out of the road!! It was HILARIOUS!! Andre in his r8 was on the P.A that he has in the car Mooing back at them! I got it all on video =) The car has all its stickers on, looks mean and ready to go.. West Coast Customs HOOKED up the decals this year and the cars look amazing! I uploaded those pics to and will be sending em over. 

Alrighty my eyes are getting heavy. Pete's probably going to make fun of me in the morning or yell at me for not calling him back today which he says I am very bad at.. NO I'M NOT!! ;) hahaha I texted you that counts! Cell phone service up here is wacky.... 

If any of you are up in Calgary come out the start of the rally tomorrow!! It's going to be awesome! Otherwise check back for all the pics and footage soon! 

NIGHTY NITE! 

No comments: