Saturday, February 13, 2010

Fashion Week Madness







OK, so I am in love with NY but there is something about NY during Fashion Week that just makes NY feel extra special! I've been making some rounds to some events with my good friend Derek Warburton and also promoting my new single "Souvenirs" to the radio stations so this week has been extra exciting for me. I was actually just up at 103.5 KTU the day before yesterday doing an interview Bartel. He was so great and made me feel amazing how much he loved the song. I love going up to the stations and meeting the on air personalities and getting their feedback about the songs in person. Also I want to show my appreciation for the support that they are giving me and there is nothing better then getting yourself up there and sharing some hugs.. lol

Yesterday I hit up the Andrew Buckler show with Derek. Yes it's a men's line but hey its fashion week women aren't the only ones wearing fabulous clothes. I have to say I was really impressed with the line. My makeup artist Victor was actually doing the makeup for that show. So it was great to hang with him for a sec after the was done working and could enjoy the show for a bit :) Chris Brown even stopped by to check out the pieces. Later that night I met up with Victor and his agent Danny at the Buckler afterparty. Really I was just kidnapping them to take them over to meet up with Derek at the Tribeca Grand for the 7 NY 10 year anniversary party. That party was packed and a killer time so we winded up hanging there the rest of the night and canceling our other plans. I had to be a party pooper and head home earlier then I wanted because I was showing some good self control and had to get up early to head to my trainer in am. haha Got to get that workout in no matter what ;) This guy Sam though made my night when he came up to my table and starting singing "Let You Know" to me!! I seriously was so flattered! I mean I know that I have fans out there but how cool is it when you actually get to meet them and see first hand that they really love what you do! Thank you Thank you for the bottom of my heart!
-I've mentioned it before again I am in shock about the news of Alexander McQueen's death. I was shopping in the West Village today when I passed by his store and it was so sad seeing all the flowers laid out in front of the window. It was so weird all the people stopping and taking pictures. I actually wore a pair of his shoes to Jamie Foxx's after party for the Grammy's. They are in my top 10 Fav, most amazing shoes!! I know there is a pic of them floating around somewhere I have to find and post them. They were this amazing taupe color feathers covering the entire shoe expect the heal that was snake skin that was more towards the arch of foot then wear you normally find the heal of the shoe. TO DIE FOR!! What a genius he was! He will be greatly missed!
So I don't know if I mentioned but ever since getting back from LA I have been battling the WORST head cold ever! I thought at first that I was just loosing my voice and that tends to happen for some reason to me when I've been traveling a lot the the sch was a little crazy for the all the events we were doing. Like two days after I was home I had a late night session and had to cancel because I was straining myself so bad in the booth. I hate not being productive so I was trying my hardest to push through which really isn't smart. ha Damn perfectionist.... I was all stuffy and now thankfully the annoying stuffy part is gone but now I'm left with this darn cough.... grrr Next week I should get some more proper down time and hopefully be fully healed!

No comments: