Friday, May 20, 2011

Illyria Gala



A lot has been going on this past few weeks. I have to head back out to LA really soon but before I take off I have one last session I need to get done in NY and my performance on Sunday night for the Illyria gala.. If you haven't seen my tweets Illyria is an Albanian-American newspaper and they are celebrating their 20 year anniversary sunday night. I was really honored when they asked me to be apart of the evening and perform for them. From what I heard it's going to be a huge turn out. I went and did a walk through of the space and it's really beautiful! It's going to be a fun performance! I'm really excited that some of my family are going to be coming. A few weeks ago the newspaper did an amazing article on my family and me. I was so proud to see how far my father and his family have come since coming to this country in the 70's. Their story truly in inspiring! Their strength and drive has definitely shaped the woman I've become. When it comes to work I'm my daddy's girl for sure.. lol

Check out Illyrian's website here for all the information about the information about the night! I'll be posting pictures ; )
http://www.illyriapress.com/20th/index_en.html

No comments: