Wednesday, June 29, 2011

I'm a workout nut!




I'm up in my gym at my apartment doing some cardio for the evening (isn't the view amazing up here?! Took a pic while I did my workout. Not bad to admire to pass the time) and I was just thinking and laughing about a twitter post I did yesterday about the type of workouts I do to keep in shape. My body get used to workouts quickly since I'm pretty active all the time btwn rehearsals and just normal gym workouts so I need to change it up a lot and shock my body to keep getting results and not staying the same and wasting time in the gym. Yes, I have a trainer and have learned a lot from her about my body and how to keep in shape. We do weight training together and we throw in some boxing to add extra cardio and through off my body from getting used to workouts. I love my new pick wraps! Lol My brothers were making fun of at the gym the other day because of course I would have to have the pink wraps. Also on the top of my list of fav things to do for exercise and I have talked about it a lot is pole dancing. I found a great pole studio in my neighborhood New York Pole Dancing that I've been taking classes at for the past 2 years now. It's seriously one of the best exercises ever if you can push yourself through the bruising the happens when learning new tricks. I got so obsessed with it I even installed one in in my apartment to keep it up when I can't get to the studio. I've had it up for awhile now I forget it's there and it's hysterical watching people's faces when they walk in and see it! lol In all honesty you work muscles you never knew you had and your constantly challenging your body. To change up my cardio I also throw in some spinning because I get bored easily doing the usual treadmill or precore routine. There is this amazing studio called Soul Cycle they have a few locations on the east coast that I LOVE! It's the best because they turn the lights off for the class which I think helps you mentally push through the workout! Working out is definitely a life style and yes it hurts but it should be fun. Hope I've given you guys some new things to try ; )

No comments: