Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Turn up volume. Press Play. Watch. Weep. Repeat.

Q: You know what's awesome? A: Watching videos of people going in front of tens of thousands of spectators to sing the National Anthem and completely mess it up. They fall on their ass, or sing "....by the lawn's girlie tights...", and get garlic fries hurled at them. Awesome. Slash delicious.

Well my friends, I'm sorry to say that this video has none of that. No, not even the garlic fries. And by sorry, I of course mean stupidly giddy, because this video brings a whole new meaning to awesomeness. And patriotism. I actually watched the first 30 seconds, got in my car and enlisted in the Coast Guard, and rushed back to watch the second half. Some people might call that craziness, but I say to them - it's only the Coast Guard....hello, I'm not a moron and water skiing is hella fun. And talk to me after you listen to her - we'll discuss in Fiji!

Kristine sang this baby a Capella in front of a sold out New York Islanders crowd at their home opener. That means no backing track, no big band, no back-up singers, and no lip syncing. I'm told that's kind of like trying to dismantle a bomb in a 130 degree yoga room with your girlfriend standing next to you squawking, "You want to tell me how you feel right now? You NEVER tell me how you FEEL! TALK to me!"

The Islanders went on to open a can of fogetaboutit on the St. Louis Blues, slapping them upside the head 5-2. All thanks to Kristine. True story.

No comments: