Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Addressing my Nationality..


I get a lot of messages almost everyday as a matter of fact about my heritage and where I was born and raised. Yes my last name is Albanian, Shqiptare! My Father is Shqiptare and was NOT born in the United States. However, my Mother Is Italian, Irish, German and Scandinavian. She was born and raised in Bronx, New York. My father when he came to this country moved on the same block as my mother and grew up with her. They Married in their twenties. You don't hear stories like that often these days.

I have spoken about my nationality before and am extremely proud of where both my parents come from and their backrounds and how they they've raised my siblings and I. It's funny to me that I would get backlash from both sides of my race, example lying about being Albanian. Which is hilarious to me or the extreme opposite and people talking about my mother and saying nasty things because she is American. My father became a citizen of the United States when he was 18 which would make him an American as well. Which he is very proud to be and also holds duel citizenship.

Bottom line is I'm a mutt. Proud to be a mix and proud that I have so much history and BEAUTIFUL nationalities running through my veins. I'm proud to be the first generation on my father's side born in the states, proud to see what my father has built from the ground up and carry on and take it a step higher and make him proud as his and my mother's daughter, and proud to carry on the traditions of BOTH my families with my little ones someday. What get's to me is some of these comments are from girls, women. Ladies you are the barrier of your children. You carry and nurture them for 9 months inside YOU! They are HALF of whatever you are no matter who you marry. Would you marry someone to bare their children and then let them erase you as if you didn't exist? Be proud women and let's be gracious to eachother. A woman's heart is a powerful thing. Let's share that part of ourselves.

I love the love my parents have for eachother. I've talked a few times with them about some of the comments I've gotten on this subject and they've both said brush it off. I feel I need to write this just this once. I'll defend them both with all of myself because they are good hearted loving people! I'm blessed, truly! I tell myself that everyday!

How about from here on out we try to embrace life & love! My parents are right thought. For those who know me know who I am. I'm Kristine Elizabeth Bernadette ELEZAJ, daughter of both eagles. Albanian-American/Shqiptaro-Amerikane ; ) <3

3 comments:

FLAMUR1989 said...

O sa mire me qen shqiptar! Te uroj sukses! Je shum e mir! Vazhdo!

Unknown said...

We're proud of you too :) keep up the good work :))))))

Unknown said...

Sec e morët botën nëpër këmbë ju: Bebe Rexha, Dua Lipa, Rita Ora, Era Istrefi, Tania Dako, Ava Max, Ana Oxa, TI e ...